Data Integration Specialist / Software Support Engineer
spice™ is seeking a customer-oriented and technology-savvy Software Support Engineer.
This role is within the Tier-3 Support Team. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment providing technical support to mission-critical business operations and systems. This multifaceted role will be responsible for the following:
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
3rd Tier Support (50%)
- Provide support for our ERP applications and other custom business applications.
- Provide escalated 3rd tier technical support for issues that come in through the IT Service Desk.
- Oversee and follow up on open support tickets to ensure closure within agreed SLA.
- Review errors in event, job and application logs to alert the development team of potential emerging or recurring issues.
- Analyze support activity and provide recommendations to mitigate emerging or frequent issues to facilitate the best possible experience to end users.
- Contribute to and manage troubleshooting and technical knowledge base.
- Perform after-hours support as required.
ETL Development (40%)
- Develop and maintain ETL jobs to move huge volumes of data across multiple data platforms.
- Add operational efficiencies by automating data exchange processes with internal teams as well as our trading partners.
- Analyze complex business problems or data requirements and develop optimal solutions.
- Translate loosely defined requirements to solutions.
- Work alongside project teams for successful implementation of initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams including but not limited to Data Analytics, eCommerce, Development, Infrastructure, and IT Service Desk to design and develop data and software solutions.
Systems Maintenance and Optimization (10%)
- Maintain and implement alerts to monitor system health, performance, and stability.
- Improve and enhance existing systems using Unix Shell Scripting and Oracle PL/SQL
- Champion best practices within the organization in relation to development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of systems.
The successful candidate will have the following background/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software engineering.
- Strong skills in SQL commands and PL/SQL.
- Skills and experience in ETL and data modelling tools such as SSIS, Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler, Talend etc.
- Proficiency in at least one Object-Oriented Programming language such as Java or C#.
- Thorough understanding of web services – REST, SOAP, XML-RPC.
- Experience working with Jesta Vision Suite will be an asset.
- Significant experience with Unix-based systems and shell scripting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent team player and strong collaboration skills.
- Experience in the E-Commerce or Retail industry is an asset.