Software Support Engineer
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment providing technical support to mission-critical business operations and systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a highly talented team working in a dynamic environment, where reimagining our digital customer journey is a significant priority for the business. With a full-fledged digital transformation in progress, where the successful candidate will engage with leading-edge strategic initiatives and state-of-the-art enterprise-level applications. As a Software Support Engineer, you will be instrumental in keeping large portfolio of custom built and customized applications running smoothly.
If you are interested in building a career as a Software Support Engineer, this is an ideal position for you.
- Provide support for our ERP applications and other custom business applications.
- Provide escalated 3rd tier technical support for issues that come in through the IT Service Desk.
- Oversee and follow up on open support tickets to ensure closure within agreed SLA.
- Review errors in event, job and application logs and work with the development team to resolve emerging or recurring issues.
- Analyze support activity and provide recommendations to mitigate emerging or frequent issues to facilitate the best possible experience to end users.
- Contribute to and manage troubleshooting and technical knowledge base.
- Add operational efficiencies by automating data exchange processes with internal teams as well as our trading partners.
- Analyze complex business problems or data requirements and develop optimal solutions.
- Translate loosely defined requirements to solutions.
- Work alongside project teams for successful implementation of initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams including but not limited to Data Analytics, eCommerce, Development, Infrastructure, and IT Service Desk to design and develop data and software solutions.
- Maintain and implement alerts to monitor system health, performance, and stability.
- Improve and enhance existing systems using Unix Shell Scripting and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Champion best practices within the organization in relation to development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of applications.
- Perform after-hours support as required.
The successful candidate will have the following background/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software engineering.
- Strong skills in SQL commands and PL/SQL.
- Proficiency in at least one Object-Oriented Programming language such as Java or C#.
- Thorough understanding of web services – REST, SOAP, XML-RPC.
- Significant experience with Unix-based systems and shell scripting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent team player and strong collaboration skills.
- Experience in the E-Commerce or Retail industry is an asset.