Senior Java Developer
spice™ is seeking a customer-oriented and technology-savvy Java Developer. As an engineer on the Application Services team, you will be helping to transform the way applications are built and data is processed by:
- Supporting a new platform on which applications will be built, leveraging a micro services architecture, Apache Kafka, Spring Boot, Docker, Angular 5 and Kubernetes.
- Leveraging this new platform through enhancing and supporting our Financial Services, Loss Prevention, and Human Resources systems.
- Implementing CI/CD, monitoring and other DevOps practices surrounding this platform
- Innovating, driving, and defining high impact technology that creates solutions that positively impacts project delivery.
- Evangelizing and implementing engineering and testing best practices across the company (code reviews, SCM conventions, tools, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience with Java backend development
- Experience with development in Spring framework, experience with Spring Boot is a plus
- Strong experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with developing RESTful services/APIs using JSON and/or XML
- Experience with messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, experience with Apache Kafka is a plus
- Understanding of containerized application development with Docker
- Experience with client-side frameworks such as Angular, React or Ember are a plus but not required.
- Strong engineering mindset and attention to quality and detail – clean code, automated testing, peer review.
Location: Remote role but regular working hours from 9 AM to 5 PM in EST.
spice™ is a leading Supply Chain Data Network provider. Our SaaS applications power Fortune 500 supply chains by helping them transform into Digital Supply Chains. SPICE integrates Trading Partners on to our cloud platform, which enables them to seamlessly exchange supply chain business data across disparate business applications and deliver the perfect order to their customers. Our SaaS solutions include Catalog Management, Vendor Drop-Ship, EDI/B2B Order Management, Trading Partner Onboarding and Supply Chain Analytics. Our reputation as innovators in retail, manufacturing, distribution & logistics technology has quickly propelled us to over 7,500 subscription clients, from mid-market stars to multi-national giants.