Business Analyst – Truckmate (TMW)
Reporting to the BI Manager, in this role, you will:
- Lead a small development team in projects as well as in day to day support activities including on call support.
- Executes Business Analyst responsibility for assigned projects and change requests including:
- Gathering business requirements from both internal and client operations staff.
- Documenting and designing solutions based upon client business requirements.
- Creating and delivering design workshops.
- Creating and delivering functional specifications.
- Configuring the system solution
- Developing and maintaining project documentation, standard operating procedures, and other documentation as required during and after executing on implementation tasks.
- Creating and delivering training material
- Creating and executing test scripts.
- Participating in post implementation reviews to ensure projects are measured against actual deliverables, with a focus toward continuous process improvement.
- Effective execution of assigned tasks, ensuring timelines, budgets, targets and deliverables are properly monitored and attained.
- Ensures adherence to the change management processes and provides quality assurance to all deliverables.
- Build and maintain highly effective relationships with key shareholder groups, business and process owners throughout the organization
- On-going communications of activities, initiatives and issues with team and Manager as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and implement value added process improvements for internal operations and external clients to either reduce cost or generation additional revenue.
- Production Support:
- Provide production support during business hours and after-hours (after business hours including weekends as part of on-call rotation among other Transportation BAs).
- Ensure adherence to SLA by vendor
- Ensure company prescribe incident management processes are followed.
- Liaises with the vendor to:
- Request software enhancement, quote, and ETA
- Manage on-time, on budget, high quality delivery of enhancement requests
- Keep abreast of the changes being planned for implementation by the vendor and ensure affected business areas are aware of any potential implications to their operations.
- Implement upgrades; coordinate activity to ensure that system upgrades are properly planned for and tested.
- Information security / Yearly audit
- Participate with other areas of IT in the yearly audit process
- Act as the focal point for any information requests or questions related to the technical environment.
- Ensure that the company information security policies are followed in the technical environment.
We are looking for a team member that has:
- 3-5 years’ experience implementing Truckmate, BlueRock or similar Transportation management solutions in diverse environments.
- University degree in any of the Computer Science streams or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate detailed functional specifications into clearly documented technical specifications
- Familiarity with process improvement methodologies such as 6Sigma, Lean methodologies.
- Knowledge of integration between TMS and ERP/WMS systems (i.e., SAP, LogFire) including capabilities, limitations & best practice
Location: Toronto (Hybrid)
Type of Role: Full Time Employment